What's New From Marti
& What's New for Quilt Making - Scroll down
- There are new videos on our site from Marti's visit to The Quilt Studio in Mexico City.
- We introduced a new Block of the Month at the Fall 2012 Quilt Market. Some shops will begin offering Secret Garden in early 2013. The blocks are made with Template Sets M & S. The sashings are made with our new Long Skinny Sashing Star Set. The fabrics are from Marti's new Maywood Studio fabric line, My Secret Garden. The border is a great multi-stripe, making it easy peasy to miter! And you can choose a dark or light background border stripe.
- Long Skinny Sashing Star Set #8232. Available January 1, 2013.
- NEW Log Cabin Ruler for 1/2 inch and 1 inch finished width strips. Available January 15, 2013.
- NEW One-derful One Patch 60-degree Diamond Template for 7 finished sizes, 2 inches to 4 inches. Also use to cut matching 60-degree triangles. Available February 1, 2013.
- NEW Pineapple Set in two sizes. #8230 for 8, 10, 12 and 14 inch finished blocks with 1-inch finished strips. #8231 for 10, 12-1/2 and 15-1/2 inch blocks with 1-1/4 inch finished strips. Available February 15, 2013. Also design grid paper you can download to design your own Pineapple quilts.(For other grids, see Tricks & Tips under Handy Info above.)
- Guess what's coming this spring? Volume 5! And you thought it would never happen!
- Marti's quilt Summer Bliss is on the cover of the August American
Patchwork & Quitling magazine! And kits are available in our Web store. Photo © 2012 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- NEW Marti's Choice Batting Tape in 1-inch and 2-inch widths. Perfect for Low Fat Machine Quilting in Sections, stabilizing seams and bias edges, and a no-binding finish for table runners (inlcuded in the tips booklet).
- Marti's an All Star on the AQS YouTube Channel, filmed at the Spring 2012 AQS show.
- NEW One-derful One Patch Templates: Apple Cores, Multi-size Tumbler and Multi-size Windmill.
- NEW Tessellating Windmills video!
- Are you making the U-Taupe-ia version of our new BOM, A and C with Pinwheel Frames? Download a color fabric key and a quilt photo.
- All the Wild Rose II fabrics are now available in our web store. Beautiful! And if you're making the Romance Continues, you may want to pick one of these prints for your backing.
- Use our new Deluxe Corner Trimmer to trim 6 common angles, measure seam allowance and mark dots for hand piecing.
- Marti's Aurifil thread collection matches her Wild Rose fabrics, plus a set of best colors for piecing.
- Set T, 3 pieces for cutting 8 shapes to make 5" units.
- 4 more pieces have been added to the original 3 pieces to make the New Set Q more versatile. Make 2-1/2 inch units for 10-inch 4-patches and 7-1/2 inch 9-patches. Use it with Set T to make 5-inch units ffor even more block designs.
- We've added The Farmer's Wife Quilt Sampler by Laurie Hird to our book offerings. Marti used our templates to make all but 10 of the 111 six-inch blocks in the book! To receive template conversions, send an email to email@example.com and put "sign me up!" in the subject line. There are 10 PDFs, one every 2 weeks. Our next mailing schedule begins in September '12, so the list will close the end of August. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "sign me up for the FALL Farmer's Wife list" in the subject line.
- Are you familiar with the From Marti and Me Club? Check our list of From Marti and Me Club shops to see if there's one near you or at a location you'll be visiting.
- The Romance Continues is our newest Block of the Month program available through quilt shops. The blocks are cut with Template Sets B and D. Marti used the Wild Rose II line for her quilt.
- NEW! Set S templates for making darling 6-inch blocks. If you're a fan of Farmer's Wife, you'll love them!
- Videos. When you see the computer Video icon on one of our Web pages, click on it to watch a demo about the product or technique on that particular page. To see the complete list of videos, select "Videos" from the "About Our Products" link at the top of every page. Thanks for watching!
- Fresh Cuts Quilt Kit. Marti's Bridal Bouquet "Fresh Cuts" quilt - and the pattern - are in the October 2010 issue of "American Patchwork & Quilting" magazine. The fabrics are from the Wild Rose line. Basket blocks are cut with Set E and the mutli-size Kite Ruler. The large Diagonal Set Triangle Ruler was used for the setting and corner triangles.
- Shades SoftFuse die-cut swags.
- Rachel's Basket Log Cabin quilt kits also uses fabridcs from Marti's Wild Rose fabrics by Maywood Studio! You can pick a black or white background.
Does your favorite quilt shop have a From Marti and Me Club? Click the Club logo above for a list of participating shops. Every month brings a new pattern that focuses on the Tool of the Month. The pattern booklets are packed with info on how to use the templates or ruler and include well illustrated instructions small and large projects. Easy enough for beginners and interesting enough for eveyrone! From Marti and Me Club exclusive patterns are available only at shops that have a From Marti and Me Club. Ask about the Club at your favorite shop! . (Shopowners, complete details are in the shopowners side of our site.)
- Stacy and Marti have their own channel on Quilters TV! And it's FREE! http://www.quilterstv.com
- NEW Sashing Stars Set for rotary cutting all the pieces to add stars to any quilt with sashings.
- "American Beauty" was made with Marti's fabric line with Maywood Studio, "Wild Roses" and you can make it in black or white. The blocks are the same in both quilts. Ask about the American Beauty BOM at your favorite quilt shop! Click on the images to see larger photos on the Sashing Stars page.NOW AVAILABLE AS A FABRIC KIT. If you are making the quilt, click here to download the color key.